1lb. Shrimp – raw peeled
12oz bow tie pasta*
2 tablespoons olive oil*
4 cloves garlic minced *
4 teaspoons chipotle chile pepper *
1/3 cup white wine *
1/4 cup unsalted butter *
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
3 large tomatoes diced * – canned or fresh
Parmesan cheese* finely grated
*Forgot something? Use links found next to the * to order from Amazon. It wont cost you extra, and it will help support my website.
1. If you are using frozen shrimp, thaw by running under cold water. Remove tails on shrimp before cooking.
2. Add water to large pot and boil. Add salt to water and cook pasta according to package directions or al dente. Drain pasta and set aside.
3. In a large sauce pan, heat oil over medium heat and add 2 teaspoons chipotle chile pepper. Mix to combine oil and seasoning. Add shrimp to pan and cook until they turn pink, opaque (about 2 minutes per side or until fully cooked). Remove cooked shrimp from pan and set aside. Cover shrimp to keep warm. Do not wipe down or clean pan.
4. Add wine to pan used for shrimp and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Add butter and minced garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the butter is melted and garlic is fragrant. Mix to combine.
5. Stir in heavy cream and 2 teaspoons chipotle chile pepper . Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes. Add diced tomatoes, pasta and shrimp to sauce pan and mix to coat evenly.
6. Serve and enjoy with parmesan cheese.