1 head of broccoli
1 pound shrimp, you may have to peel unless you buy peeled shrimp
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 cups zucchini, sliced
1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoon lemon zest
2 tablespoons lemon juice
8 ounces whole wheat linguine
- Cut broccoli into florets and place in steamer. Steam for approximately 10 minutes or until fully cooked. (Start next steps – when broccoli is cooked place in bowl and set aside)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- In large saute pan heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
- Add sliced zucchini and saute for 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add sliced grape tomatoes and saute for 2 minutes or until soft.
- Put cooked vegetables in a bowl and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to saute pan. Then add garlic and cook for 2 minutes. (Make sure garlic does not brown or burn).
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to directions or al dente. Drain pasta and set aside in large bowl.
- Add seasoned shrimp to saute pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on both sides. Shrimp should be pink on both sides when fully cooked.
- Add lemon juice and zest to the pan.
- Add cooked zucchini and tomatoes back into the pan and stir to combine.
- Add shrimp and vegetables to large bowl of pasta and mix to combine.
- Enjoy with broccoli on the side.